Follow the 500 hour yoga teacher training and become an advanced yoga teacher after completing this intensive and complete course. The 500 hour training combines the 200 hour yoga TTC (level 1) and the 300 hour advanced yoga TTC (level 2) in a total of 8 weeks. During the course you will gain in-depth knowledge of teaching methodology and techniques, instructions and modifications of yoga asanas, anatomy and physiology, yoga philosophy, pranayama and bandhas.
The Arhanta Yoga 500 hour teacher training is divided in 2 levels: the 200 hour training and the 300 hour training. During the first level (200 hour training), you will learn 170 classical Hatha Yoga asanas out of which 20 asanas in great detail. During the second level (300 hour advanced training), you will be trained in multi-style yoga teaching: Advanced Hatha Yoga, Yin Yoga and Vinyasa Flow Yoga.
The entire curriculum is designed to help you develop into a well-rounded and skilled yoga teacher. The two courses complement each other as the 300 hour course builds up on the knowledge and skills gained during the foundational 200 hour course. Read more about the curriculum:
Benefits of the 500 hour yoga teacher training
500 hour of training is the highest international standard for yoga teachers. After completing this program, you can register as an Advanced Yoga Teacher or RYT500 with Yoga Alliance. You will possess an in depth knowledge of the history and origin of yoga asanas and yoga philosophy. You will also have an extensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology to teach safe classes to students of different ages, backgrounds and experience levels. During this course, you will also learn different meditation and concentration techniques, and with your daily intensive yoga asana classes, improve your own practice to an entirely new level.
What can you expect of the 500 hour training
- Discipline and structure
- A simple yogic lifestyle
- Complete dedication to learning
- Personal guidance of dedicated and motivated teachers
The 500 hour yoga training is suitable for you if you want to:
- Become a yoga teacher
- Learn more about yoga and meditation
- Improve your physical and mental health
- Improve your knowledge of yoga (also if you are already a yoga teacher)
- Gain more confidence in teaching
The 500 hour yoga teacher training is a combination of the 200 hour training and the 300 hour training. Some of the topics studied during the course are:
- Classical Hatha Yoga Asanas
- Advanced teaching techniques
- Advanced asana correction and modification techniques
- Classical meditation techniques
- Yoga philosophy
- History and origin of Yoga
- Different types of Yoga
- Karma Yoga
- Bhakti Yoga
- Raja Yoga
- Gyan Yoga (Jnana yoga)
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga
- Prenatal and postnatal
- Yoga for children
- Gentle Flow Yoga
- Yoga for elderly
- Yin Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Shat kriya’s… and much more!
The Arhanta Yoga 300 hour teacher training takes place at our Arhanta Yoga Ashram in the Netherlands.
You can choose to follow the first and the second level in the same ashram, or indifferent ashrams. Both ashrams are located in a peaceful and natural environment. They offer the ideal setting for complete focus and dedication to your studies and spiritual development.
Below you find an overview of all the upcoming 200 hours and 300 hours course dates.
200-Hour Hatha Yoga
|1 Feb - 26 Feb||Available||NL|
|22 Mar - 16 Apr||Available||NL|
|14 Jun - 9 Jul||Available||NL|
|13 Sep - 8 Oct||Available||NL|
|28 Oct - 22 Nov||Available||IND|
|27 Nov - 22 Dec||Available||IND|300-Hour Advanced Yoga
|10 May - 7 Jun||Waiting list||NL|
- Our 500 hour teacher training is registered with Yoga Alliance, European Yoga Association & International Yoga Federation and accredited by all major yoga federations.
- The fees include all tuition, VAT, accommodation, 3 vegetarian meals a day, herbal tea, course manual and 2 sets of uniforms. For the courses in India they also include pickup and drop from the Khajuraho airport/train station.
- Payment plans are available on request.
200 hour TTC in India
|Double Shared Accommodation||1750 Euros|
|Single Room Accommodation||1950 Euros|
200 hour TTC in the Netherlands
|Dormitory Accommodation||2640 Euros|
|Double Shared Accommodation||2840 Euros|
|Single Room Accommodation||2980 Euros|
300 hour TTC in the Netherlands
|Dormitory Accommodation||2900 Euros|
|Double Shared Accommodation||3100 Euros|
|Single Room Accommodation||3300 Euros|
- As the course is taught in English, you should understand and speak basic English.
- You should be prepared to adjust to the new environment and be prepared to work hard.
- You should be in good physical and mental condition.
- We do not advise to follow this course during pregnancy. If applicable, please contact us for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Previous knowledge of or experience with yoga is not necessarily a requirement to follow the training. It is more important to have an open mind and a desire to learn.
How to register
- For more information about the 500 hour Arhanta Yoga TTC, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The Arhanta Yoga staff will reply within 2 working days to confirm availability.